|
| We Got a Shark! |
| Monday, December 04, 2006 |
If you have kids, especially one around the age of 1 whose meals often end up on the floor, you should think about investing in one of these. It's an electric sweeper called a Shark. Keith and Chrisanna have one and have always suggested that we get one but I really didn't want to spend the money (I have seen them from anywhere from $80-over $100). I was so excited when I saw them at Big Lots for $38! Definately worth the money! All those peas and carrots, bread and peaches that Bryson drops on the floor...so easy to clean up now! Simply sweeping up green beans and pears doesn't work so well. Anyways, I highly suggest you get one. Kelly, you would love it especially with all your wood floors.
We took the kids to see Santa this weekend. It wasn't a great experience and the free digital picture they give you turned out horrible. I know it sounds stupid but we took them up to see Santa at RC Willey. We have had great success in the past with it but I think we are going to have to find a new Santa to visit. Like at the mall. I think they let you take your own picture if you want. We'll have to give it a try. Anyways we had gone up there only to greeted with a line and at the end of the line was an employee saying that Santa was going on a break and to come back in an hour. So, we came back and got our very poor quality, Santa almost not even in the picture, Bryson crying photo with Santa. They offered to redo it but Maddy didn't want to and I don't think Bryson would have been too thrilled either. Where do you all take your kids to see Santa or do you? We did get a funny story out of the whole experience though. Santa ofcourse asked Maddy what she wanted for Christmas. She told him dress up clothes. When we got in the car she asks "where are my dress up clothes?" She was quite confused. She asked Santa for dress up clothes so where were they. We weren't prepared for that! But, she took "you'll get them in a few weeks when he comes to our house" as an answer and hasn't asked about it since. Too funny.
We, or I should really say Jeff, had our first shift at the tree lot tonight. For those of you who don't know, the youth group sells Christmas trees at the church as a fundraiser for different activities throughout the upcoming year. Like camps, ski trips, missions trips etc. It's fun to hang out with the kids and sell trees. I have to say we have some beautiful trees at that lot! I can't wait to get ours. We are working the lot again on Thursday so we might pick ours out then or make a special trip up there on Friday for one. It is quite cold these days so the kids don't last too long out there. There is a camper set up to warm up during down times but that can only keep a one year old occupied for so long too. So, the kids and I just bring Jeff some dinner, hang out for a bit and then I head home to get the kiddos bathed and in bed.
I am just about done getting my Christmas cards stuffed in envelopes. Which by the way are too big . I printed off my cards in 4x6 and all envelopes at Wal-Mart, Office Depot, the Dollar store, Target...everywhere...are 1/4" too small so I had to get big 'ol 5x7's. Anyways, I am going to go finish those up so I can mail them tomorrow. It will be so nice to have that done! |
| posted by Andrea Monday, December 04, 2006 |
|
| 6 Comments: |
-
Wow! So productive, getting those cards out this early!! I am stumped for a good "idea" and may just use our recent family photos. It's just that last years were so cute ... I'm trying to top it, but not sure I can ;). And alas, my camera is out of commission for a week ... so it'll have to wait. Thanks goodness for digital and quick printing!
As for Santa, well we haven't really "hid" the fact that there is a Santa from Ethan, but we haven't really focused on it either. So, he currently still refers to Santa as, "Snowman Guy." And I don't think he'd have any desire to sit on his lap ... so I'm of no help as to where to find a good Santa :).
-
That's funny... I almost id a post called "Ode to My PowerSweeper". Thiugh I don't have a Shark, mine is similar, and I don't know what I'd do without it!
-
I already have one. I got it right after we put in the new floor. It doesn't work very well on the rugs but I don't want to have to lug two vacuums around so it'll do.
We took the kids to see Santa at the fire station like always. Our pictures turned out horrible too but they had fun. Except Kylee who about had a panic attack when we got close to him. Even at the parade she tensed up when he went by.
My Christmas cards are going to be done today too. :)
-
I soooo want a shark, especially after your ode to the shark. :) Funny about the envelopes, because same thing happened to me!!! I still haven't addressed them because it bugs me so much having to send them out like that! I guess, I'll just have to accept and move on. :)
-
Yea! You got a Shark. Isn't it wonderful? Actually one piece on mine just broke so I may have to be making a trip to Big Lots (if they have any left). As for Santa, well my kids have never sat on Santas lap. We just don't ever think about taking our kids to see him.
-
Hey! Our friends won a shark at Tim's company Christmas party on Saturday night - I'd never heard of it before & here you are posting about it, I laughed. There may be something to this...I might have to check into it!
And since I have no children of my own - I have no clue about a good Santa, plus, I live in Oregon. :)
Hope your week is going well!!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Name: Andrea |
| About me: SAHM to a beautiful little girl & adorable little boy |
|
|
| Blog Roll |
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Powered by |
 |
|
Wow! So productive, getting those cards out this early!! I am stumped for a good "idea" and may just use our recent family photos. It's just that last years were so cute ... I'm trying to top it, but not sure I can ;). And alas, my camera is out of commission for a week ... so it'll have to wait. Thanks goodness for digital and quick printing!
As for Santa, well we haven't really "hid" the fact that there is a Santa from Ethan, but we haven't really focused on it either. So, he currently still refers to Santa as, "Snowman Guy." And I don't think he'd have any desire to sit on his lap ... so I'm of no help as to where to find a good Santa :).