|
| Attacked |
| Tuesday, October 03, 2006 |
I feel like I am being attacked by Satan. I started a new Bible study with my sister yesterday. Satan tried everything he could to get me not to go. I was stressed about what to do with Bryson since the study was going to be right at his morning nap time, I kept on putting off getting my study done, and right as we were getting ready to leave Kelly called and said Lori (that is whose house we are doing the study) had a son that was staying home sick from school. It all worked out though. Bryson slept in and didn't need a morning nap, my study got done and I was blessed through it, and Jeff stayed home sick from work. That wasn't a blessing (more to come on that in a minute) but it made my choice to go to the study a lot easier. It was either stay home and be at a house with a sick person or go to the study and be at a house with a sick person (who stayed in his bedroom the entire time). My sister and another lady in the study both had rough starts to the day too. It was like we were all being attacked.
Now with Jeff being sick. Our ladies retreat is this weekend to a Beth Moore conference in Salt Lake. I have been so excited to go ever since I found out about it. Then Jeff starts off the week sick and I have just been worrying that either I or the kids are going to get it now. I have a hard enough time leaving my kids overnight let alone leaving them sick. Jeff's parents are coming into town to help him out while I am gone. That is comforting so if they are sick he has help but you know how you always want your mom when you are sick? Chrisanna and Jen (the two I am going to the retreat with) have also been struck with the same sickness at their house. I just want all of us to be able to go and enjoy this weekend and get the spiritual encouragement we need without having the worry on our shoulders about our little ones at home.
I am at a time in my spiritual life that is often known as a rut! I need the Bible study and I also need the refreshing this weekend but it is like satan is trying all he can to discourage me from getting the most out of both of those.
But, I know he won't prevail! The Bible study went on as planned Monday morning despite the bad mornings for all. Jeff is already feeling better which is a blessing. Usually when he gets sick he is down for atleast 2 days. Except for a head cold Chrisanna is fighting, no more kids have gotten sick.
One good thing that I see out of all this attack by Satan is that I know it means something great is going to come out of the Bible study and something amazing is going to happen this weekend at the Beth Moore conference. Please pray though, I am sure that nasty little devil is still going to do all he can to discourage us away from spiritual blessings! |
| posted by Andrea Tuesday, October 03, 2006 |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
I'm sorry to hear what a rough time you are having! I'm sure everything will work out just fine, it always does. At the end, I always seem to look back and be amazed by how God perfectly worked things out. I will pray for all of your families and the circumstances you are being faced with this week.
-
You guys are going to have a great time on your trip! You will be blessed!
-
Amen sister! Satan is NOT going to get the victory. We are going to have an amazing weekend. I know we will be spiritually challenged and refreshed. I can't wait!
-
I will be praying for you and your family!! God must plan on doing something great in your lives this weekend!
-
Babe, I am so thankful to see your heart through this. Whatever I need to do for you to allow you to grow spiritually I will. I'm also thankful that God has given you such awesome friends to be there for you in ways I cannot. I love you and try not to worry about this weekend God will work it out.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Name: Andrea |
| About me: SAHM to a beautiful little girl & adorable little boy |
|
|
| Blog Roll |
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Powered by |
 |
|
I'm sorry to hear what a rough time you are having! I'm sure everything will work out just fine, it always does. At the end, I always seem to look back and be amazed by how God perfectly worked things out. I will pray for all of your families and the circumstances you are being faced with this week.