Pic of the Week
Loves
Christmas
Let it Snow
Favorite Sites
Favorite Things
Life's Not Fair
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Why didn't anyone tell me how hard it really was to be a full time stay at home mom? No, we aren't having a bad day. The kids are actually playing well. Although Madison is having a bit of a hard time dealing with Bryson begin able to crawl and get whatever toys he wants, not just being handed a toy she thinks is o.k. for him to play with. All the toys were hers for 3 years so I know it is just going to take some time. Anyways, back to the original story... I had a bit of jealousy overwhelm me today when I spoke to my lovely husband at around noon today. I made the mistake of asking him what he was having for lunch. It was then that he informed me he was on his way to Red Robin with some guys from work to enjoy a "company paid for" lunch. Must be nice. I will enjoy my who knows what at 1:30 when the kids are down for a nap/quiet time (Madison is now doing quiet time instead of naps), after I pick up all the toys that have been strung across the living room throughout the morning and while I am folding a basket of clothes. I know, I know. There are countless benefits and joys to being a stay at home mommy and it goes by so fast. I love that I get to stay home full time with my little blessings and I am glad my husband is enjoying a good lunch, it just struck me wrong today. O.k., enough of that. Now on to better things...
I got this picture of Madison last night helping her daddy mow the lawn. Thought that it was pretty cute. She spent most of the time mowing the sidewalk. Her mower rolled a little easier that way. Don't mind the dead grass in the picture. We have had a hard time keeping it green with all the hot weather this summer.
We are going to the Harrington's tonight for dinner. Why? you ask. Aren't they out of town? Well, yes they are. But, Keith's mom, Joan, and Chrisanna's mom, Cathy, are in town watching the kids. They are so fun to be around and absolutely hilarious when they are together. So, we thought we would go and have dinner with them. Madison loves going over there to play and maybe it will help "break things up" for the Harrington kids. I am hoping that Joan and Cathy have heard from the youth. I would love to hear how their mission trip to Boston is going so far.
O.k., I am off to go fold that load of clothes and inform Maddy that quiet time is not over yet since it has only been 15 mins!
posted by Andrea Tuesday, August 08, 2006  
6 Comments:
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Bethany said…

    You know, no one ever told me how hard it would be either. From now on, I'm warning all my childless friends! :)

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Andrea...I know exactly how you feel. The good far outweighs the bad, but some days it's just hard. The cleaning, laundry, cooking and just taking care of the kids can't get so tiring. And when they do go down for a nap or quiet time, you have to use that time to get things done!! But I wouldn't have it any other way, either!! :) Have fun tonight and give my niece and nephews hugs for me!

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    You should've come to the park with us! We had fun! Let's go Friday

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Definitely have fun with my mom and Joan. They are quite the pair :) I feel the same way about the stay at home thing, you are not alone!! Worth it, but hard!

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    I know you do but count your blessings that you get to stay home! I hate having to work (although some days I don't mind leaving) and miss out on so much of what Kylee does during the day.

    On a side note..I love your new banner and slide show! :)

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Many years ago your mother came down with a case of pnuemonia. The doctor gave her 2 choices: go to the hospital or stay home in bed. She decided to stay home. I took 2 weeks off to play Mr. Mom to 3 small children while Kath recovered. IT WAS THE HARDEST 2 WEEKS OF MY LIFE!!! I determined that after that time, I would do ANYTHING to keep your Mom healthy. Staying at home is very difficult, but, judging from the outcome, worth more than anything.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Name: Andrea
About me: SAHM to a beautiful little girl & adorable little boy
Blog Roll
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Once Upon A Lifetime Template by Isnaini Dot Com