|
| Here and Gone |
| Wednesday, December 27, 2006 |
 I can't believe Christmas has been here and is now gone. It goes by so quickly. Christmas Eve we spent the morning at church. After lunch and naps, the family came over here for dinner and we let the kids open a few gifts from their great-grandparents. We then headed up to my parents and sisters church for a Christmas Eve service. I always enjoy going back to that church and seeing old faces. Although each time I go there are about 10 new faces to the 1 old face I recognize. We also had a wonderful Christmas, were all spoiled rotten and had a great time with family of course. Maddy was so happy to get her new dress up clothes, which she has pretty much lived in since Christmas morning. Bryson was not into opening presents at all. He didn't even want to rip up the wrapping paper. Maddy and I ended up opening most of his gifts. He has had fun playing with all the new toys now though. I even got a big surprise. Jeff and I don't exchange gifts on Christmas although after this year I am changing that rule. Jeff SURPRISED me by making me a Rebel...owner. Yes, Jeff got me the digital Rebel XT camera! He did it with much sacrafice too. Jeff has a video business and has been saving money to buy another video camera. He had two jobs come in that he finished right before Christmas and instead of putting that money toward his camera, he bought me mine. Now I just need to learn all the tricks to it. Jeff was prepared though and bought me a DVD to learn all about the camera. I am anixous to watch it. Jeff also archived my blog to hardcopy, printed it off and put it in a notebook for me. WOW! That took some time. Thanks babe for my gifts and the sacrafices you made to get them for me. I love you! We took so many pictures and I have added a slide to the blog of a few of them.
And now I am in the middle of organizing all the toys and "un-Christmasing" (yes, that is a word) our house. I thought I had done a pretty good job going through all the toys right before Bryson's birthday but after seeing all the stuff the kids got for Christmas I am taking ALL of the old toys and putting them away. I am just about done with that chore and then I am moving on to taking all of the Christmas decorations down. I don't mind having them up a week before Thanksgiving but it bugs me having them up a day past Christmas.
So off I go to throw in a load of laundry and work on my projects. Happy Wednesday! |
| posted by Andrea Wednesday, December 27, 2006 |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
Glad Christmas was great. You are going to have so much fun with that camera. I "un-Christmased" my house yesterday. It feels so clean!
-
Sounds like you had a great Christmas! How loved you must feel after your hubby's "love" gifts to you! :)
-
Yeah, a Digital Rebel owner! I am soooo happy for you. You're going to love it, as I'm sure you already are. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Name: Andrea |
| About me: SAHM to a beautiful little girl & adorable little boy |
|
|
| Blog Roll |
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Powered by |
 |
|
Glad Christmas was great. You are going to have so much fun with that camera. I "un-Christmased" my house yesterday. It feels so clean!